Sunday 19 May 2013

Urology


ADMITTING DIAGNOSIS
His admitting diagnosis is obstructive voiding symptoms with urethral stricture and possible prostatism.

BRIEF HISTORY
An 80-year-old patient who was originally seen in early September with complaints of obstructive voiding symptoms.  He has nocturia x10 at night.  Complains of a slow urinary stream with occasional dysuria and hesitancy as well.  He denies any previous history of urinary tract difficulties except for complaints of a right scrotal swelling.  Cystoscopy was performed and revealed a urethral stricture in the proximal portion of the anterior urethra.  The cystoscope could not be advanced further than this.

PAST MEDICAL HISTORY
His past medical history is significant for hypertension, which is apparently mild and untreated.  There is a question of peptic ulcer disease in the past as well.  Additional urologic history is that he has had previous urethral sounding in the past for unknown urologic problems.  Patient denies significant cardiac problems and apparently has some mild chronic obstructive pulmonary disease as well.

MEDICATIONS
None.

ALLERGIES
He denies allergies.

REVIEW OF SYSTEMS
Review of systems is significant for some loss of appetite, hearing and vision problems, and degenerative arthritis as well

SOCIAL HISTORY
He is married, retired, has 2 children.  Does not smoke or drink.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION
GENERAL:  His physical examination reveals an elderly male in no acute distress.
VITAL SIGNS:  His blood pressure was 150/88.  His heart rate was 80.
HEENT:  HEENT examination revealed pupils equal, round, and reactive.
NECK:  His neck was supple.
LUNGS:  His lungs were clear to auscultation without rales.
CARDIAC:  His cardiac examination revealed a regular rate and rhythm without gallops.
ABDOMEN:  His abdomen was soft and nontender.
GENITOURINARY:  GU examination revealed normal penis.  His testes were both descended.  There was a probable right spermatocele present superior to the testis.
RECTAL:  His rectal examination revealed a 20-g, non-nodular prostate.
EXTREMITIES:  Extremities were without edema.

IMPRESSION
The overall impression is urethral stricture disease.

PLAN
The plan is for direct-vision internal urethrotomy.  At the time of the procedure, his prostate will be assessed for obstruction, and if obstructing, a TURP will be performed as well.  These plans have been discussed in detail with the patient.  He understands and agrees to proceed.

FOOTNOTE
Line 12 (Page 1).  The article An was inserted to avoid beginning the sentence with a numeral.
Lines 44 (Page 1)-11 (Page 2).  Some headings and subheadings were added.
Line 6 (Page 2).  GU was translated in the subheading.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great information about urology details visit Fortis International Care.

Nose reshaping cost in hyderabad said...


Good information thanks for sharing Best urology hospital in hyderabad

Victor William said...

I want to share a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream saves me from shame and disgrace, my penis was a big problem to me as the size was really so embarrassing,and i was also having weak erection problem. I can't make love to my wife and my penis was just too small a full grown man like me having 4 inches penis and to worsen it i don't last in sex i cant even last two minutes it was really a thing of shame to me. My wife was really tired of me because my sex life was very poor,she never enjoyed sex,i was always thinking and searching for solutions everywhere until when i saw a testimony of how Dr.Osemuhau herbal mixture cream have been helping people regarding their sex life, so i decided to give him a try and to my greatest surprise in less than one week of taking the herbs my penis grow to 8 inches i couldn't believe my eyes and as i speak now my penis is now 8 inches and i do not have week erection again. I can make love to my wife longer in bed. And my marriage is now stable,my wife now enjoy me very well in bed. can contact him drosemuhau@gmail.com {) or call or what-apps him through +2348168714427

Post a Comment